Theology 101: There is no indication of a struggle for the acceptance of the book of Revelation or any doubts about its authorship by the apostle John until the third century.
Whoever wrote Revelation didn’t know Jesus by sight. In Revelation 1:13 he says, “…and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man…”
John the Apostle would have said, “Among the lampstands was the Lord Jesus, who instructed me with the gospel of eternal life.”
God’s grace is fully effective, efficient and irresistable….God is sovereign….thank God!
On the contrary, it is written (Revelation 2:21): And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
Lord ship salvation means your the lord of your salvation. It means you need to stay in constant repentance and use the blood of Jesus like a blood rag to clean your dirty works. It’s once saved always saved: quit polluting the Gospel of Jesus Christ
On the contrary, it is written (Rev. 3:5): He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life…
If Jesus will not erase names from the book of life it means there are preexisting entries in the book of life.
Retribution IS vengeance, and retributive punishment that neither reforms the punished nor heals the injured has no purpose except to gratify spite.
But apparently Jesus Christ is just a spiteful person:
Revelation 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
It must be remembered that there was no government, no religion, no law, no courts, no military, etc., during the days of Lot and Noah that Christ said mankind’s last days will resemble. This total lack of organized society can only happen after a cataclysmic event – the Rapture!
On the contrary, it is written (Rev. 6:6): And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Life is a set of chemical processes which is capable of creating child processes faster than entropy can tear it apart. And those child processes in turn can make grand-child processes, and so on. Individual cells do not endure, but the community of cells which is the organism does endure…somewhat longer.
On a higher level, individual organisms do not endure, but the community of organisms which is the species does endure…somewhat longer.
On the highest level, individual species do not endure, but the planetary biosphere which is the set of all species does endure…somewhat longer.
The physical “intelligence” to construct every protein in the human body is encoded in our DNA, which is copied as single-strand transfer RNA, which goes into a ribosome like an audio tape, and the ribosome constructs the protein using this information and materials from the ambient store of amino acids floating around in the cell which are supplied by eating other organisms.
Intelligence in a mental sense is the process of modelling the objective universe in a subjective way. When intelligence is great, as it is in mankind, the model is so precise that it can be used to predict how the real universe will react when changes are made to it. This allows humans to construct, for example, a car. A car is a piece of frozen intelligence.
Patterns of matter are information. A CD contains a layer of dye (matter) which a laser has dented with a series of holes to record information. Every bit of processed information requires energy to create or retrieve. But information can only exist as patterns in matter.
The reason for this is simple: since energy is fundamentally light, and light always travels precisely at the speed of light for all observers, there is no way to confine pure energy in frozen patterns like we have produced a car. If disembodied spirits exist, they must be made of different stuff than energy.
To date no believer has put forth a testable hypothesis for the eternal soul, and where it would fit in the Standard Model of particle taxonomy.
People who believe in an eternal soul have latched onto the truism that “energy cannot be destroyed” and also assert the soul is made of energy. This fails for the reason I describe above, and also because energy can indeed be destroyed qua energy when it is converted to matter, and vice-versa.
The jab is the preliminary step toward a complete sell out to the Devil. What happens next to seal the deal is that the moron who got the jab then will also get the validation, whichwill be the injected Quantum Dot Luciferase Tattoo. That is the Mark of the Beast Rev13:16,17.
56 million dead in World War II, including half of world Jewry
Bible prophecy: crickets
Virus mutates and causes a global pandemic.
Bible prophecy: The vaccine is the Mark of the Beast of Revelations complete with luciferase quantum dot technology to track Christian patriots.
Apostle just means one who was sent. It doesn’t necessarily have the same status as the 12.
Rev. 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
Revelation teaches that in the age to come there will only be “twelve apostles of the Lamb”.
If Paul is one of these twelve, what of the ministry of Matthias?
At least Thomists will admit dogs have a type of soul, just not a rational soul, whereby others who try to defend this notion will simply insist without further explanation, “Because animals don’t have souls!”
Revelation 16:3 And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.
Paul says in 1st Corinthians that in Adam all die in Christ all will be made alive each and their own order
Jesus the first fruit
Then the church at his coming
Then the kingdom (in the end) after it’s purged
Death (including the 2nd one) is defeated so God is ALL and in ALL
The second death is defeated?
Rev. 20:14 “And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.”
It says the first death is cast in the lake of fire, which is the second death. It doesn’t say the second death is then cast into ANOTHER lake of fire.
- 1-2 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
This is beautiful imagery, but it doesn’t belong to John. He copied it more or less verbatim from Ezekiel 47:12:
And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.
- 3-4 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
Christian theology posits the need for a savior based on the sin of Adam in the Garden, which earned humanity a curse from God. In these verses, the curse is said to be ended, and humanity will enjoy a close relationship with God again.
- 5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
New Jerusalem is so wondrous that John can only tell us what it’s like by telling us what is not there.
- 6-7 And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done. Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
At least one saying was not faithful and true. Jesus did not “come quickly”. The sayings which must be “kept” are the commandments to the seven churches given in chapters 2 and 3. Those who do so are the overcomers.
- 8-9 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.
The angel which brought this revelation to John of Patmos identified himself as a fellow member of the Church with John and forbade John from worshipping him. In Roman Catholic theology, this verse is interpreted to mean the angels are part of the Church Triumphant. In LDS theology, the “angel” is a glorified man, and a former Hebrew prophet.
- 10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
What this means is the text of Revelation was to be spread far and wide immediately, as opposed to keeping part of it hidden as secret knowledge which some gnostic cult could later claim to have “discovered”. The reason was there was a sense of urgency when it was written. John of Patmos believed the remaining time was very short.
- 11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
The entire message of the Bible can be boiled down to three words: “Turn or burn”. Except not here in Revelation 22:11. It says let sinners remain sinners, and let the righteous remain righteous. Revelation is not an evangelizing work like the gospel of John, but a pep talk for the “saved”.
- 12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
In the theology of Revelation, rewards and punishments are based on what you do. Good people get good things, bad people get bad things. Mother Theresa would do well, yet some Evangelicals insist she is burning in hell because she never “accepted Christ” with a Protestant style altar call or the sinner’s prayer.
- 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
This is one of the few passages in the scriptures to explicitly assign a divine nature to Jesus, equating him with God.
- 14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
This verse reverses Paul’s teaching in Romans 3:28 that justification is apart from the Law. It says people must keep the commandments to have access to eternal life.
- 15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
Apparently the blessed part of the new creation consists solely of the city of New Jerusalem, and if you’re outside of this city, you are with the wicked part of the new creation. This seems to cede the rest of the planet to the sinners.
- 16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
This is an interesting verse. Elsewhere in scripture the bright “morning star” was identified in Isaiah 14:12 as Lucifer, the devil, who was cast from heaven.
- 17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
This is to fulfill what Jesus promised in the gospels, water that quenches the thirst once and for all. It comes from Zechariah 14:8, which says that living waters will go out from Jerusalem in the latter days.
- 18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Protestants use this verse to beat Catholics over the head because Protestants believe that Catholics “added” seven books to the Bible.
- 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Catholics use this verse to beat Protestants over the head because Catholics believe Protestants “deleted” seven books from the Bible. It is important to note that doing so will result in the loss of salvation, according to the text.
- 20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
This promise to come quickly was written in about 96 CE, and it is now 2021 CE.
- 21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
We believe, that the work of regeneration, conversion, sanctification and faith, is not an act of mans free will and power, but of the mighty, efficacious and irresistable grace of God.
On the contrary, it is written (Revelation 22:17): And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.